Which graduate degree is for me?
Each of our unique graduate degrees offers a different curriculum and career trajectory.
Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) in Mechanical Engineering
- Coursework only (no research), offered online or on-campus
- Build on knowledge gained from your B.S. degree and get a competitive edge in the work force
- Can be completed in as little as one year, depending on course load
Master of Science (M.S.) in Mechanical Engineering
- Includes coursework and a research component with opportunities to work directly with faculty
- Typically earned in two years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Mechanical Engineering
- The highest degree available
- Strong emphasis on research and works extensively with major professor
- Typically requires four to five years to complete