- Mechanical Engineering
Main Office2010 Black Engr
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, 2001
- MS, Thermal Science and Energy Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China, 1996
- BS, Thermal Science and Energy Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China, 1994
- Thermal transport in micro/nanoscale materials (thin films, coatings, nanowires, and nanotubes): novel technique development for thermal conductivity measurement, the effect of material structure on its thermophysical properties
- Raman-based energy transport and interface energy coupling investigation.
- Material structure exploration based on the thermal reffusivity theory and 0K limit residual thermal reffusivity.
- Building energy efficiency and diagnostics
- Pengyu Yuan, Jing Liu, Ridong Wang, and Xinwei Wang, 2017, "Hot Carrier Diffusion Coefficient of Sub-10 nm Virgin MoS_2 : Uncovered by Non-contact Optical Probing," Nanoscale, DOI: 10.1039/C7NR02089A.
- Chenghao Deng, Yanming Sun, Lujun Pan, Tianyu Wang, Yangsu Xie, Jing Liu, Bowen Zhu and Xinwei Wang, 2016, "Thermal Diffusivity of Single Carbon Nanocoil: Uncovering the Correlation with Temperature and Domain Size," ACS Nano, DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.6b05715.
- Yangsu Xie, Pengyu Yuan, Tianyu Wang, Nastaran Hashemi, Xinwei Wang, 2016, "Switch on the High Thermal Conductivity of Graphene Paper," Nanoscale, DOI: 10.1039/c6nr06402g.
- Jing Liu, Tianyu Wang, Shen Xu, Pengyu Yuan, Xu Xu, Xinwei Wang, 2016, "Thermal Conductivity of Giant Mono to Few-layered CVD Graphene Supported on Organic Substrate," Nanoscale, 8, 10298.
- Tianyu Wang, Shen Xu, David H. Hurley, Yanan Yue, and Xinwei Wang, 2016, "Frequency-resolved Raman for Transient Thermal Probing and Thermal Diffusivity Measurement," Optics Letters, Vol. 41, 80-83, DOI: 10.1364/OL.41.000080.
- Jing Liu, Zaoli Xu, Zhe Cheng, Shen Xu, and Xinwei Wang, 2015, "Thermal Conductivity of Ultra-high Molecular Weight Polyethylene Crystal: Defect-effect Uncovered by 0 K limit Phonon Diffusion," ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.5b08578.
- Huan Lin, Shen Xu, Xinwei Wang, Ning Mei, 2013, "Thermal and Electrical Conduction in Ultra-thin Metallic Films: 7 nm down to Sub-nm Thickness," Small, DOI: 10.1002/smll.201202877.
- Xiaoduan Tang, Shen Xu, Jingchao Zhang, and Xinwei Wang, 2014, "Five Orders of Magnitude Reduction in Energy Coupling across Corrugated Graphene/Substrate Interfaces," ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, DOI: 10.1021/am405388a.
- Yanan Yue, Xiangwen Chen, and Xinwei Wang, 2011, "Non-Contact Sub-10 nm Temperature Measurement in Near-field Laser Heating," ACS Nano, Vol. 5, pp. 4466-4475.