- Mechanical Engineering
Main Office2010 Black Engr
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, 2001
- MS, Thermal Science and Energy Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China, 1996
- BS, Thermal Science and Energy Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China, 1994
- Thermal transport in micro/nanoscale materials (thin films, coatings, nanowires, and nanotubes): novel technique development for thermal conductivity measurement, the effect of material structure on its thermophysical properties
- Large-scale molecular dynamics exploration and prediction of the thermophysical properties of nanoscale and nanostructured materials Laser-assisted imaging of coatings for their defect/structural diagnostics
- Laser-assisted bio-imaging with applications to early stage diagnostics of skin cancers and dental deterioration
- Parallel atomistic-macroscale hybrid modeling of physics in laser-material interaction and laser-assisted surface nanostructuring
- X. Feng and X. Wang, 2008, Effects of Laser Fluence on Near-field Surface Nanostructuring, Applied Surface Science (in press).
- L. Zhang and X. Wang, 2007, Dynamic Structure and Mass Penetration of Shock Wave in Picosecond Laser-Material Interaction, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics (in press).
- X. Wang, Z. Huang, T. Wang, Y. W. Tang, X. C. Zeng, 2007, Structure and thermophysical properties of single-wall Si nanotubes, Physica B (in press).
- H. Xie, A. Cai, and X. Wang, 2007, Thermal diffusivity and conductivity of multiwalled carbon nanotube arrays, Physics Letters A, Vol. 369, pp. 120-123.
- J. Guo, X. Wang, L. Zhang, and T. Wang, 2007, Transient thermal characterization of micro/submicroscale polyacrylonitrile wires, Applied Physics A, Rapid Communications, Vol. 89, pp. 153-156.
- Z. Zhong, X. Wang, and X. Feng, 2007, Effects of pressure and temperature on sp3 fraction in diamond-like carbon materials, Journal of Materials Research, Vol. 22, pp. 2770-2775.
- X. Feng and X. Wang, 2007, Nanodomain Shock Wave in Near-field Laser-material Interaction, Physics Letters A, Vol. 369, pp. 323-327.
- J. Guo, X. Wang, and T. Wang, 2007, Thermal characterization of microscale conductive and nonconductive wires using transient electrothermal technique, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 101, 063537.
- T. Wang, X. Wang, J. Guo, Z. Luo, and K. Cen, 2007, Characterization of thermal diffusivity of micro/nanoscale wires by transient photo-electro-thermal technique, Applied Physics A, Vol. 87, pp. 599-605, Invited Paper.