The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Iowa State University blends creativity with our experience
as researchers and educators to provide students with an opportunity to make lasting discoveries. With the technical knowledge and skills our graduate students gain, they are prepared to solve the critical national and global problems.
We have several degree options that will help you reach your career goals:
- PhD in mechanical engineering
- MS in mechanical engineering
- MEng in mechanical engineering (a course work-only program)
- MEng in energy systems engineering
- Interdisciplinary degrees, including human-computer interaction, biorenewable resources and technology, and systems engineering
Ready to apply?
- You can apply right now through our online application process.
- Application deadlines—January 15 for fall admissions; September 1 for spring admissions.
- Program and application requirements (including GRE, TOEFL score guidelines).
- Refer to the graduate handbook.
- Processes, forms, and other resources.
- Need something else? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.