- Assistant Professor
- Mechanical Engineering
Main Office207 Lab of Mechanics
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Penn State University, 2011
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, Penn State University, 2009
- MS, Mathematics, Penn State University, 2009
- BE, Mechanical Engineering, Jadavpur University, 2006
- Diagnostics, prognostics & supervisory control of complex cyber-physical systems
- Human-machine interaction
- Data mining and visualization, machine learning, probabilistic graphical models
- Stochastic time series analysis
- S. Sarkar, S. Sarkar, K. Mukherjee, A. Ray, and A. Srivastav, Multi-sensor Information Fusion for Fault Detection in Aircraft Gas Turbine Engines, Proceedings of the I Mech E Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, Vol. 227, No. 12, December 2013, pp. 1988-2001.
- A. Ray, S. Phoha, and S. Sarkar, Behavior Prediction for Decision & Control in Cognitive Autonomous Systems, New Mathematics and Natural Computation: Special Issue on Engineering of the Mind, Cognitive Science and Robotics, Vol. 9, No. 3, November 2013, pp. 1-9.
- S. Sarkar, K. Mukherjee, S. Sarkar, and A. Ray, Symbolic Dynamic Analysis of Transient Time Series for Fault Detection in Gas Turbine Engines, Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Transactions of the ASME, Vol. 135, Issue 1. January 2013, pp. 14506 (6 pages).
- S. Sarkar, K. Mukherjee, and A. Ray, Distributed Decision Propagation in Proximity Networks, International Journal of Control, Vol. 86, No.6, June 2013, pp. 1118-1130.
- S. Sarkar, K. Mukherjee, A. Ray, A. Srivastav, and T. Wettergren, Equilibrium Thermodynamics for Heterogeneous Packet Transmission in Communication Networks, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, Vol. 42, No. 4, August 2012, pp. 1083-1093.
- S. Sarkar, X. Jin, and A. Ray, Data-driven Fault Detection in Aircraft Engines with Noisy Sensor Measurements, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, Vol. 133, No. 8, August 2011, pp. 081602 (10 pages).
- S. Sarkar, K. Mukherjee and A. Ray, Generalization of Hilbert Transform for Symbolic Analysis of Noisy Signals, Signal Processing, Vol. 89, Issue 6, June 2009, pp. 1245-1251.
- S. Krishnamurthy, S. Sarkar, A. Tewari, Scalable Anomaly Detection and Isolation in Cyber-Physical Systems using Bayesian Networks, Proceedings of ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, (San Antonio, TX), 2014.
- R. Khire, F. Leonardi, P. Quimby, S. Sarkar, (in alphabetical order) A Novel Human Machine Interface for Advanced Building Controls and Diagnostics, 3rd International High Performance Buildings Conference at Purdue, 2014.
- V. Adetola, S. Bengea, F. Borrelli, K. Kang, A. Kelman, F. Leonardi, P. Li, T. Lovett, S. Sarkar, S. Vichik, (in alphabetical order) Fault-Tolerant Optimal Control of a Large-Size, Commercial Building Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning System, 3rd International High Performance Buildings Conference at Purdue, 2014.