- Assistant Professor
- Mechanical Engineering
Main Office304 Lab of Mechanics
- PhD, Structural Engineering, University of California-San Diego, June 2012
- MSE, Engineering Mechanics, University of Texas-Austin, May 2008
- MS, Engineering Science and Ocean Engineering, National Taiwan University, June 2005
- BS, Engineering Science and Ocean Engineering, National Taiwan University, June 2003
- Fluid–Structure Interaction
- Computational Mechanics
- Wind Energy Applications
- Biomedical Engineering
- Isogeometric Analysis
- Finite Element Analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
Fellowships, Awards, and Honors
- Warren Lecture at the University of Minnesota, 2015
- Chancellor’s Dissertation Medal, 2013
- Los Alamos–UC San Diego Educational Collaboration Fellowship, 2009 – 2012
- 22nd Annual Robert J. Melosh Medal Competition Finalist, 2010
- Honorable Mention for Poster presented at the UCSD Jacobs School of Engineering 29th Annual Research Expo, 2010
- First Place Young Investigator Poster Award, 1st International Conference on Computational Simulation in Congenital Heart Disease, 2010
- 10th U.S. National Congress on Computational Mechanics Travel Award, 2009
- F. Xu, D. Schillinger, D. Kamensky, V. Varduhn, C. Wang, M.-C. Hsu, “The tetrahedral finite cell method for fluids: Immersogeometric analysis of turbulent flow around complex geometries,” Computers & Fluids, (2015).
- M.-C. Hsu, D. Kamensky, F. Xu, J. Kiendl, C. Wang, M.C.H Wu, J. Mineroff, A. Reali, Y. Bazilevs, M.S. Sacks, “Dynamic and fluid–structure interaction simulations of bioprosthetic heart valves using parametric design with T-splines and Fung-type material models,” Computational Mechanics, 55 (2015) 1211-1225.
- D. Kamensky, J.A. Evans, M.-C. Hsu, “Stability and conservation properties of collocated constraints in immersogeometric fluid–thin structure interaction analysis,” Communications in Computational Physics, 18 (2015) 1147-1180.
- J. Kiendl, M.-C. Hsu, M.C.H. Wu, A. Reali, “Isogeometric Kirchhoff–Love shell formulations for general hyperelastic materials,”Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 291 (2015) 280-303.
- M.-C. Hsu, C. Wang, A.J. Herrema, D. Schillinger, A. Ghoshal, Y. Bazilevs, “An interactive geometry modeling and parametric design platform for isogeometric analysis,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, 70 (2015) 1481-1500.
- D. Schillinger, J.A. Evans, F. Frischmann, R.R. Hiemstra , M.-C. Hsu, T.J.R. Hughes, “A Collocated C0 Finite Element Method: Reduced quadrature perspective, cost comparison with standard finite elements, and explicit structural dynamics,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 102 (2015) 576-631.
- D. Kamensky, M.-C. Hsu, D. Schillinger, J.A. Evans, A. Aggarwal, Y. Bazilevs, M.S. Sacks, T.J.R. Hughes, “An immersogeometric variational framework for fluid– structure interaction: application to bioprosthetic heart valves,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 284 (2015) 1005-1053.