- Atul Kelkar, Professor (Committee Chair)
- Robert Brown, Professor
- Soumik Sarkar, Assistant Professor
- John Wagner, Academic Adviser
- Barbara Lograsso, Senior Lecturer & Diversity Coordinator
- Ashton Archer, graduate student
- Carolyn Darling, undergraduate student
- Provide flexible directions and goals, without being overly prescriptive.
- Provide alignment with the organization with respect to mission, vision and objectives of each level: department, college, university and state levels. We can achieve the most when all levels pull together towards mutually compatible ends.
- Respond to current and anticipated conditions over the next 5 years, to the extent that they are known. The 5-year strategic plan will interpret the long-range goals in a more immediate context.
Constituent forums are being planned for Spring 2016 to provide faculty, staff, students, and alumni with opportunities to comment on the draft and provide additional input. A partial list of planned forums include:
- Faculty forum: Monday, January 11, 2016, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., 2004 Black Engineering Bldg
- Staff forum: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., 2004 Black Engineering Bldg
- Grad student forum: Wed. January 27th, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., 2004 Black Engineering Bldg
- Undergrad student forum: January 11, 2016, 5:00 p.m. – 6 p.m., 2004 Black Engineering Bldg.
- Industry/Alumni forum during ME Industry Advisory Council meeting, Friday, April 15, 2016, 2004 Black Engineering Bldg
Your comments, questions are welcome
The group working on the Department of Mechanical Engineering’s 5-year strategic plan would like to hear from you any time you have a comment or question. Please email your comments and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.