Each degree option is a little different. Explore the pages below to determine the program for which you would like to apply.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering (available online & on-campus)
Research Programs and Major Professor
See which research areas interest you by reviewing our research page! The Department has developed six strategic research foci areas, Computational Sciences, Energy, Fluids, Health, Multi-scale Engineering, and Systems. We have also outlined the faculty areas of expertise to better guide you as to what faculty you may be interested in working with during your graduate education.
Interdisciplinary Graduate Programs
Students also may select the Mechanical Engineering department as their home department to pursue graduate degrees in one of these interdepartmental majors:
- Energy Systems Engineering (M.Eng., Certificate)
- Master of Engineering in Energy Systems Engineering (available online & on-campus)
- Graduate Certificate in Energy Systems Engineering (online only)
- Data Driven Food, Energy, and Water Decision Making (Ph.D.)
- Human-Computer Interaction (Ph.D., M.S., M.HCI.)
- Neuroscience (Ph.D., M.S.)
- Predictive Plant Phenomics (Ph.D. specialization)
- Wind Energy Science, Engineering, and Policy (Ph.D.)