The NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute (DLI) and Department of Mechanical Engineering at Iowa State University invite you to attend a hands-on deep learning workshop on Saturday, November 3rd, 2018 from 8:00AM – 5:00PM at 2004 Black Engineering exclusively for verifiable academic students, staff, and researchers.
NVIDIA DLI offers hands-on training for developers, data scientists, and researchers looking to solve challenging problems with deep learning and accelerated computing.
About This Workshop:
In this full-day workshop, you’ll learn the basics of deep learning by training and deploying neural networks. You’ll learn how to:
- Implement common deep learning workflows, such as image classification and object detection.
- Experiment with data, training parameters, network structure, and other strategies to increase performance and capability.
- Deploy your neural networks to start solving real-world problems.
Upon completion, you’ll be able to start solving problems on your own with deep learning.
Soumik Sarkar, PhD
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Iowa State
NVIDIA DLI University Ambassador
PhD Candidate, Mechanical Engineering, Iowa State
Workshop Setup Instructions:
- Create an NVIDIA Developer account at http://courses.nvidia.com/join. Select “Log in with my NVIDIA Account” and then “Create Account.”
- Make sure that WebSockets works for you:
- Test your laptop at http://websocketstest.com
- Under ENVIRONMENT, confirm that “WebSockets” is checked yes.
- Under WEBSOCKETS (PORT 80), confirm that “Data Receive,” “Send,” and “Echo Test” are checked yes.
- If there are issues with WebSockets, try updating your browser. We recommend Chrome, Firefox, or Safari for an optimal performance.
- Once onsite, visit http://courses.nvidia.com/dli-event and enter the event code provided by the instructor.
Registration Deadline: Monday, October 15, 2018
This event has reached it maximum number of entries and registration is now closed.
Note: Registration is free, but space is limited and it will be provided in a first come first serve basis.
Contact: Soumik Sarkar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This workshop is brought to you by: