PhD, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2001
MS, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1997
BTech, Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institutes of Technology-Mumbai, 1995
National Science Foundations Career Development Award 2006
- Mechanical response of micro/nano scale structures
- Experimental and computational mechanics at small length scales
- Mechanics of surface stress sensors and molecular adsorption
- Stress-assisted dissolution and damage of biomedical implants
- Mechanics of Manufacturing Processes
Fall 2016 Courses
- ME 325: Mechanical Component Design
- Zhou, J., J. Mah, P. Shrotriya, C. Mercer, and W.O. Soboyejo, “Contact damage in an yttria stabilized zirconia: Implications.” Journal of Materials Science-Materials in Medicine, 2007. 18(1): p. 71-78.
- Yu, H.H., P. Shrotriya, Y.F. Gao, and K.S. Kim. “Micro-plasticity of surface steps under adhesive contact: Part I – Surface yielding controlled by single-dislocation nucleation.” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 2007. 55(3): p. 489-516.
- Shrotriya, P., K.K.S. Karuppiah, R. Zhang, A. Chandra, and S. Sundararajan. “Surface stress generation during formation of alkanethiol self-assembled monolayer (SAM).” Mechanics Research Communications, 2007.
- Ryu, J.J., V. Dayal, and P. Shrotriya. “Onset of surface damage in modular orthopedic implants: Influence of normal contact loading and stress-assisted dissolution.” Experimental Mechanics, 2007. 47(3): p. 395-403.
- Mitchell, A. and P. Shrotriya. “Onset of nanoscale wear of metallic implant materials: Influence of surface residual stresses and contact loads.” Wear, 2007. 263: p. 1117-1123.
- Mitchell, A. and P. Shrotriya. “Mechanical load-assisted dissolution of metallic implant surfaces: Influence of contact loads and surface stress state.” Acta Biomaterialia, 2007.
- Barnes, C., P. Shrotriya, and P. Molian. “Water-assisted laser thermal shock machining of alumina.” International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, 2007. 47(12-13): p. 1864-1874.