- Assistant Professor
- Mechanical Engineering
Main Office2076 Black Engr
Ames, IA 50011
- PhD, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2014
- MS, University of Minnesota-Duluth, 2009
- BS, Harbin Institute of Technology, 2007
- Nanomaterials for energy storage and energy harvesting
- Scalable manufacturing of nanomaterials-based devices
- Sensors, actuators, and controls
Brief BiographyThe Nanomanufacturing and Sustainable Energy Lab (NSEL) currently has multiple research assistant positions for PhD students. Research opportunities are also available for highly motivated undergraduate students. Interested students please send your curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
- Hu, S., Rajamani, R., (2014). Paintable Planar High Energy Density Supercapacitors, under review.
- Hu, S., Rajamani, R., & Yu, X. (2012). Flexible solid-state paper based carbon nanotube supercapacitor. Applied Physics Letters, 100(10), 104103. (Featured in APL’s 50th Anniversary Edition’s Choice Collection).
- Hu, S., Rajamani, R., & Yu, X. (2013). Directional cancellation of acoustic noise for home window applications. Applied Acoustics, 74(3), 467-477.
- Hu, S., Rajamani, R., & Yu, X. (2012). Invisible speakers in home windows for simultaneous auxiliary audio playback and active noise cancellation.Mechatronics, 22(8), 1031-1042.
- Cui, Y., Liu, C., Hu, S., & Yu, X. (2011). The experimental exploration of carbon nanofiber and carbon nanotube additives on thermal behavior of phase change materials. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 95(4), 1208-1212.
- Hu, S., Bowlds, R. L., Gu, Y., & Yu, X. (2009, September). Pulse wave sensor for non-intrusive driver’s drowsiness detection. In Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2009. EMBC 2009. Annual International Conference of the IEEE (pp. 2312-2315). IEEE. (Best Student Paper finalist)
- Hu, S., & Vikramaditya, B. (2014, June). Servo control techniques for track following on hard disk drive spin stand testers. In American Control Conference (ACC), 2014 (pp. 3348-3351). IEEE.