Richard T Stone
- Associate Professor
- Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering
Main Office3027 Black Engr
Ames, IA 50011
- PhD, Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Buffalo, 2008
- MS, IT with concentration in Robotics and W/M programing, the Rochester Institute of Technology 2001
- Adv. Cert., Environmental Managment Science, The Rochester Institute of Technology, 2002
- Adv. Cert., Robotics and CAM, the Rochester Institute of Technology, 2001
- BS, MIS, the Rochester Institute of Technology, 1999
The core of my research is in human performance enhancement in both physical and mental domains. I employ multiple approaches toward this goal, including cognitive and physiological engineering, classical and experimental ergonomics, augmented reality, and the incorporation and application of new technologies. My past research has involved the development of design methodologies for AR and multisensory devices, telerobotic control system development, the application of biomechanics for improved sports performance and the development of visualization tools for improving battle space awareness.
- Bisantz, A., Stone, R., Pfautz, J., Fouse, A., Farry, M., Roth, E., Nagy, A., Thomas, G. (2009). Visual Representations of Meta-Information. Journal of Cognitive Engineering and Decision Making. (In Press)
- Stone, R., Bisantz, A., Paquet, V., Llinas, J. Augmented Multisensory Interface Design (AMID): a human centric approach to unisensory and multisensory augmented reality design. Journal of Cognitive Engineering and Decision Making. (Accepted)
- Stone, R., Bisantz, A., Paquet, V., Llinas, J. (2009) Augmenting the transfer of training through Augmented Reality: Proof that Human Centered AR devices can be effective training tools. In preparation for Human Factors.
- Drury, C., Atiles, M., Chaitanya, M., Lin, J., Marin, C., Nasarwanji, M., Russell, C., Stone, R., Sunm, M. (2006). Vicarious Perception of Postural Discomfort and Exertion. Ergonomics, 49, 14, pp. 1470-1485.
- Stone, R.T, Bisantz, A., Llinas, J., Paquet, V., (2009). Improving Tele-robotic Navigation Through Augmented Reality Devices. Human Factors and Ergonomics Societies 53th Annual Conference. San Antonio, TX. October 19-23th.
- Stone, R., (2009), Human Assisted Energy Generation: Risks and Benefits, 18 Industrial Engineering Research Conference (IERC) proceedings, Miami, FL, May 30 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ June 1, 2009.
- Stone, R., (2009), The Ageing Eye and Universal Design, 18th Industrial Engineering Research Conference (IERC) proceedings, Miami, FL, May 30-June 1, 2009.