Jacqulyn A Baughman
- Senior Lecturer
- Mechanical Engineering
Main Office1343 Hoover
- PhD, Industrial & Agricultural Technology and Biorenewable Resources & Technology, Iowa State University, 2012
- MBA, Business Administration, Keller Graduate School of Management, 1997
- BS, Metallurgical Engineering, Iowa State University, 1989
Teaching InterestsDr. Baughman has been teaching engineering and business related courses for 15+ years, and continues to teach in her areas of interest and expertise:
- Manufacturing and Design Engineering
- Product Development and Management
- Lean Product and Process Development Engineering
- Six Sigma
- Strategic Leadership
- Supply Chain Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Statistical Process Control
- Project Management
Research InterestsDr. Baughman’s research areas of interest include:
- Student Professional Development
- Flipped classroom
- Dynamics of Teamwork
- Multidisciplinary teams
Brief BiographyDr. Baughman has 18+ years of experience in diverse industries, including working as a management and quality consultant. She held management and leadership positions in the steel, steel services, automotive, motorcycle, and RFID industries. She has managed/supervised over 200 employees. She has led many process and product design teams, and managed high level projects across organizational boundaries. She serves as the course coordinator for ME 270 (Introduction to Mechanical Design), and on the Curriculum & Development Committee for Design and Professional Practice. She led a successful ME Presidential Flipped Classroom Initiative Project in ME 270 (Fall 2015), and also developed a logistics plan/improved space utilization proposal for spring 2017 implementation. She works with many industries to connect them with the ME senior capstone design course. She is passionate about connecting students with industry, and championing student professional development that prepares students for successful careers in the workplace.
- Baughman, J., Hassall, L., Hagge, M. (2016). Flipping Engineering by Design. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Baughman, J., Brumm, T. & Mickelson, S. (2014). Professional Development and Assessment: student perceptions of the 360-degree feedback process. Journal of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (JTMAE), 31(1), April– June 2014.
- Baughman, J., Mosher, G., Gansemer-Topf, A., and Dhadphale, T (2016). Feasibility of Developing a Sustainable Multidisciplinary Senior Capstone Experience. Association for Engineering Education’s (ASEE) 123rd Annual Conference & Exposition. June 26-29th. New Orleans, LA.
- Baughman, J., Hassall, L., Jaramillo-Cherrez, N., Hagge, M. (2016). Flipping Engineering by Design. Association for Engineering Education’s (ASEE) 123rd Annual Conference & Exposition Poster Session. June 26-29th. New Orleans, LA.
- Baughman, J. (2012). Student Professional Development: Competency-Based Learning and Assessment. Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE) Conference. November 14-17. Nashville, Tn.