||Research includes: theoretical and experimental phase change heat transfer research, theoretical and experimental study of evaporating meniscus dynamics and instability.
|I’m interested in Fluid Mechanics of interfacial phenomena, such as droplet atomization and droplet impact. In Attinger’s lab, my research topic is to minimize the uncertainty in Bloodstain Pattern Analysis (BPA) including finding the origin of spatttered blood by reconstructing ballistic trajectory of blood droplets traveling in air. To achieve this, I utilize both flow visualization techniques and computational methods. My previous work includes fluid dynamic simulation of piezo inkjet nozzle and experimental investigation of open channel flow via PIV.
||My research area is self-assembly and complex fluid evaporation which has a broad range of applications such as electronics, biosensors, high resolution printing, etc. Currently I am more focused on infrared (IR) thermography as well as visualization of evaporating droplets containing microparticles with different hydrophilicity.
B.S. and M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland, 1997
Sc. D. in Technical Sciences, Eidgenoessische Technische Hochschule (ETH) Zurich, Switzerland, 2001
|Attinger’s research area is in multiphase microfluidics, which describes the dynamical behavior of several fluids or phases constrained by a micro-geometry. The Attinger Lab is located at 0047 Black Engineering.
Alums (Degree – Last known location)
- Talukder “Zaki” Jubery, Post-doc 2013-2016 – Post-doc with Ganapathysubramanian group, Mechanical Engineering, ISU
- Christophe Frankiewicz, Post-doc 2013-2016 – Post-doc in Material Sciences, ISU
- Basant Sikarwar, Post-doc 2013-2014
- Namwon Kim, Post-doc 2010-2011 – Assistant Professor at Texas State University
- Berengere Podvin-Delarue, Post-doc 2006-2007 – CNRS France
- Michael Grad, Ph.D 2012
- Amy Betz, Ph.D 2011 – Assistant Professor at Kansas State University
- Jie Xu, Ph.D 2010 – Assistant Professor at University of Illinois in Chicago
- Rajneesh Bhardwaj, Ph.D 2010 – Assistant Professor IIT Bombay
- Matt Gulleen, M.S. 2015
- Gaël Osowiecki, M.S. 2011 – Ph.D EPFL
- Liqun Fu, M.S. 2011
- Simon Genther, M.S. 2010
- Erik Huber, M.S. 2010 – Ph.D Cornell
- Regis Vaillant, M.S. 2009
- Hussein Dhanani, M.S. 2008
- Robin Muller, M.S. 2008 – Biocartis Inc.
- Michel Dhur, M.S. 2007
- Rajneesh Bhardwaj, M.S. 2006
- Xiaolin Wang, M.S. 2005.
- David Bromeier, B.S. 2015 – Sunsus Inc., North Carolina
- Suya Gao, B.S. 2014
- Samuel Tran Lam, B.S. 2014
- Alex Plyler, B.S. 2014
- Zachariah Wignall, B.S. 2014
- Yong Jie Lim, B.S. 2014
- Vincent Lee, B.S. 2014 – Ph.D Georgia Tech
- George Ooi, B.S. 2014
- Josh Lesh, B.S. 2014
- Mile Hayes, B.S. 2013
- Ying Xing, B.S. 2013
- James Chen, B.S. 2011
- Seth Aaron, B.S. 2011
- Martin Li, B.S. 2011
- Pablo V. Guzman, B.S. 2011
- Kristina Bebedzakova, B.S. 2011
- Max Gilmore, B.S. 2010
- Estela Gonzalez, B.S. 2010
High School Students
- Anne Baldwin, Summer 2008 – B.S. Harvard University
- Jonathan Kao, Summer 2004 and 2005 – B.S. and Ph.D Stanford University